At g[squared], we passionately align ourselves with people who do good in the world, from socially responsible brands to nonprofits. We amplify their impact and accelerate societal shifts.
Since 1996, g[squared] has partnered with hundreds of clients, becoming one of Alberta’s most accomplished business strategy, communications and marketing firms. Whether we’re working with nonprofits or businesses, we make a meaningful and measurable contribution.
We’re currently looking for an experienced Senior Designer to add to our busy Design team. If you have a proven talent for turning ideas into compelling visuals that are fresh, engaging, on-brand and always strategic, we’d love to hear from you.
As a key member of our Design department, this full-time role involves the following:
- Supporting the development and implementation of marketing and creative strategies for a broad portfolio of corporate and non-profit clients.
- Designing a variety of marketing and branding materials (e.g., logos, visual brand systems, digital ads, newsletters, brochures, social media posts, websites, etc.) with input from relevant team members.
- Participating in strategy and ideation sessions as required to understand our clients’ activities and priorities.
- Working closely with other Design, Communications and Digital team members to generate workable concepts and ideas.
- Taking direction from Account Managers and the Creative Director to complete projects to our clients’ specifications.
- Revising and redeveloping work in response to feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Proofing and providing design feedback to fellow designers and other team members as needed.
- Tailoring design to suit a variety of clients from a range of different industries.
- Working on several projects at once, usually to tight deadlines.
- You’re a strategic thinker with experience in the development and implementation of results-driven creative applications.
- You’re a talented designer and are adept at creating clear, impactful visuals that will resonate with target audiences.
- You demonstrate outstanding attention to detail.
- You take pride in your craft, hold yourself to high standards and are fluent in all things Adobe—InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD (experience in After Effects would be beneficial).
- You have experience designing for both digital and traditional platforms.
- You’re timely, dependable and able to balance multiple projects and priorities within tight timelines.
- You’re courteous yet assertive and are just as comfortable working on your own as you are as part of a team.
- You have good initiative and a proactive approach—you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You’re a quick learner who is able to adapt your design style and visual tone to reach a range of audiences.
- You have a degree in Design or related diploma, plus a minimum of 5 years of experience in an agency or design studio.
If you think you might be “the one”, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format, along with a portfolio of your best work, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you.