At g[squared], we passionately align ourselves with people who do good in the world, from socially responsible brands to nonprofits. We amplify their impact and accelerate societal shifts.
Since 1996, g[squared] has partnered with hundreds of clients, becoming one of Alberta’s most accomplished business strategy, communications and marketing firms. Whether we’re working with nonprofits or businesses, we make a meaningful and measurable contribution.
We’re currently looking for an experienced Communications Strategist to add to our busy Communications team. If you have a proven talent for turning ideas into content that’s fresh, engaging, on-brand and always grammatically correct, we’d love to hear from you.
As a key member of our Communications department, this full-time role involves the following:
- Supporting the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies for a broad portfolio of corporate and non-profit clients.
- Writing detailed strategic plans (e.g., key messages, stakeholder communications, digital marketing, community engagement, crisis and issues management, public relations) with input from relevant team members.
- Writing and editing original, persuasive and succinct copy for a wide variety of marketing and communications assets, including websites, digital advertising, blogs, brochures, case studies, direct mail campaigns and more.
- Participating in strategy sessions as required to understand our clients’ activities and priorities, provide communications guidance and gather input for the development of plans and messaging.
- Working closely with other Communications, Design and Digital team members to generate workable concepts and ideas.
- Taking direction from Account Managers and the Manager of Strategy & Communications to complete projects to our clients’ specifications.
- Revising and redeveloping work in response to feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Proofreading and providing copy editing feedback to fellow writers and other departments as needed.
- Tailoring copy to suit a variety of clients from a range of different industries.
- Working on several projects at once, usually to tight deadlines.
- You’re a strategic thinker with experience in the development and implementation of results-driven communications strategies.
- You’re a talented writer and are adept at creating clear, impactful messages that will resonate with target audiences.
- You demonstrate outstanding attention to detail.
- You have strong proofreading abilities and a superb understanding of the rules of grammar.
- You understand the importance of following Canadian Press (CP Style) writing standards to create content that is accurate and consistent.
- You have experience writing for both online and traditional platforms.
- You’re timely and dependable, and able to balance multiple projects and priorities within tight timelines.
- You’re courteous yet assertive and are just as comfortable working on your own as you are as part of a team.
- You have good initiative and a proactive approach—you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You’re a quick learner who is able to adapt your writing style and tone of voice to reach a range of audiences.
- Experience with WordPress, Facebook Ads and Google Ads strongly preferred.
- You have a degree in Communications or related diploma, plus a minimum of 5 years of experience in an agency setting or other communications role.
If you think you might be “the one”, please send your resume and cover letter?in PDF format?to email@example.com, along with 2-3 samples of your work (ideally one piece of published work and one strategy document). We can’t wait to hear from you.